In this historical time, our thoughts are with those affected by the Covid 19 virus, especially those who are ill. We are eternally grateful for the people on the front lines and those who facilitate our necessities.
Looking to share some positive news about warmer weather that is allowing us to start spring cleanup on the course. Assuming the weather cooperates and we can safely open, our current plan is to open to walking April 1 with carts to follow later as the course further dries out. Realizing things change daily we will post updates as that date approaches.
Health and safety of our staff & guests is top priority as is following local, state and federal rules/restrictions. Our precautionary guidelines are listed below:
Brooks Team Members
- We are keeping a minimal staff size
- Implementing staggered start times to reduce contact
- Working on projects and course prep individually
- We are adapting to meet guidelines for safe social distancing
- Limiting touch points
- Will not have bunker rakes
- No ball washers or trash cans
- Will be modifying cups so balls do not fall in the hole allowing flagstick to remain untouched
- If/when we allow cart use we will encourage single riders unless from the same household with sanitation of the steering wheels and other touch points following use
- Will be requesting golfers to check in by calling to reduce contact
- Limited food and beverage options may be available through a pickup window
We are eager to showcase the renovated clubhouse, new golf shop, new deck and introduce Beth Kershner our Food & Beverage Director and Todd Norman our new Director of Golf. Reminder, we extended our early bird rate to April 1. We appreciate all of you that took advantage of the savings as this is a big help to us while we ramp up for the season. The sewer project has made traffic to our clubhouse very difficult the last 4 weeks. The sewer install is nearing completion but as of today access to the clubhouse is closed again for the next three days.
Know that due to the ever changing Covid 19 situation opening the course for play could change. Stay hopeful, socially responsible and safe. Take care of those around you and thank community members that are active protecting and serving us all. We appreciate you!
Your Brooks Golf Team